This is a highly clinical role, maintaining and assisting in the development of an established hospital-based nursing service for patients with Scoliosis. Based in the Musculoskeletal and Neuroscience Directorate and having the responsibility to promote clinical excellence, providing advice and support for nurses and other health professionals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as principal liaison for the effective admission planning and eventual discharge of children with spinal disorders including trauma and adult patients with spinal deformity.
- Develop and implement care pathways regarding pre operative preparation and management of inpatients.
- Provide written and verbal advice for patients/families.
- Run nurse-led clinics for children and adult patients with scoliosis in conjunction with nominated consultants.
- Participate in out-patients consultations.
- Provide specialist education and training for ward/dept nurses, other health professionals and students within the NUH.
- Providing Telephone advice service for patients/families and ward/dept nurses.
- Undertake/participate in clinical audit in the field of scoliosis
If you are affected by Scoliosis visit www.sauk.org.uk for further information.
If you have any questions about our scoliosis service, you can contact our Scoliosis Nurse Practitioner at: Ann.Marriott@nuh.nhs.uk
Last updated: July 2018